Nov 28, 2011

Mandy getting ready for her wedding

I remember how happy Mandy was on this day, she was so excited to be getting married. She had been married five years earlier with a tiny ceremony and this one was going to be the one that she had always dreamed of. It was too the only problem was that we started late and I guess that is expected at times like this. She was so calm and collected and I felt like a whirling dervish running around the whole place. If I could do it all over again for just myself, I would be more calm and not worry over the small stuff as much. I would have spent more time with my baby girl as she got dressed just talking and enjoying the moment. I won't make that mistake with my son as he gets married next year. We did have plenty of help from people that offered but I should have been the one to be there just for her. We had decided to cater the wedding our selves and so I was running around caring for that, decorating the reception hall, welcoming guests and checking on my baby girl. I would have made arrangements for others to do that and then spend my time with her. I was trying to save money and we did! it only cost us 13,000 which by today's standards is a ton of money but for a wedding it is a small amount. I guess what really mattered is that she was happy with the wedding and thought that it went off well. She was a sweet woman and I love her with all my heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...