Dec 16, 2011

Amanda

I was going through some old files to see what was there and I came across a file that I had for Mandy. When she and her brother would bring home items that they wanted to keep I had a file for each of them in my drawer so that the items did not get lost. I found quite a bit of stuff that had been kept through the years and this was one. As I sat there looking at this it brought back quite a few memories of when I was young and doing this same thing with my name. Mandy loved to color and she was good at it. This was done in grade school and was done in her favorite colors Purple being the best. Mandy had this hanging up in her room for some time. I am so happy that I kept this. I also have a great treasure that I need to look for because I just remembered it. We for a couple of years made a book of memories that the kids would add stuff to like, pictures, pages colored, a leaf, tickets to a play, report card, string and anything that meant something to them. We did it as a scrap book kind of way and it was so full that it did not close right and stuff stuck out of the top but the kids would love to look back over the months and sit talking about this or that. It was heart warming to see them sitting there next to each other having fun reliving their lives. I miss my baby girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...