Dec 19, 2011

A Mothers tear

When someone you love passes it puts you in a very different place and you never get back to the person you were ever again. The people that surround you do the best they know how to comfort you with words, actions and just being there for you. But until you have lost a daughter, son, husband or significant other you really do not know how someone feels. In the beginning I was angry at what I perceived as a poor attempt from family and friends telling me what I should do, think and how I should behave. The anger came from the thought in my mind that they have not just lost their daughter and they have no idea what I am going through! I know that it was my intense pain speaking and not my intellect but it was hard to think rational when my heart and womb had just been torn out of my body and away from my soul. People do their best to be there for you in your time of need the only way they know how but sometimes they bungle it up I know because I have been there before myself. I have tried to comfort people in my past and I can remember thinking to myself "I hope that I do not say the wrong thing or bring pain to them with my poor choice of words." Often I would not say anything or avoid the person all together. It is embarrassing to admit that but I am human and not perfect. But having been in the pain now I can see what people who have lost loved ones need, I guess that is the nature of experience. There were a few friends that really came to the table for me and got me through my beginning pain. One of them sent me this crystal with a small note and this in the picture above, it's a "A Mother's Tear." I felt a great connection with the note and my friend because she had just lost her husband four short months earlier... she knew my pain. Others knew my pain also but she was in it with me at the time. One tear.....One friend.....One shared pain.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...