Dec 28, 2011

Christmas 2009

It's really hard to believe that this was Mandy's last Christmas with us. She is so full of life here even though she is going through treatment. Mandy was a really strong woman and suffered through all kind of side affects from her cancer but she was always so sweet to us and really concerned about how we were handling the things that were happening to her.
I remember asking Mandy how would we decorate for this Christmas and she said "Winter wonderland" and I said "candy cane theme" she went shopping all around with me to find things for the tree but I could not find anything that I could use as a candy cane theme so we were at Rite aid one day and they were having this great discount on frosted garland with holly and berry's and I said "Hey how about we get this and have a Winter Wonderland theme?" Putting her hands on her hip she gave me that are you serious look. Laughing I said what? she said that is what I suggested in the first place. So I purchased the garland and we set everything up. Mandy loved it and she wanted to take pictures in front of the tree so that she could use it as a Christmas card that year.
It's hard to see but the shoes that she has on are flats but made out of fake alligator skin she loved those shoes very much. They still sit by the front door where she left them. I miss my baby girl so much

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...