Jan 24, 2012

Lil cook

Mandy loved to help me with my cakes. Here she is in 1986 helping me at grans house she has a little frosting on her nose. I do not know who took this picture but I recognize that shirt that I am wearing sitting next to her so I must have been frosting the cake right then. Mandy always had such thick and long hair, this picture reminds me about the times that I would put her hair into very teeny tiny braids all over her head. she was good about sitting still for about the first fifteen minutes then her little feet would start to wiggle with the wanting to go play but she was very patient about sitting still even then. I can remember as Mandy grew up that she wanted to learn how to decorate cakes with me but as far as cooking goes she always told me that she was going to be rich enough that she would not need to cook and would have a hired chief to do that for her. I remember trying to teach her how to cut up a whole fryer for the first time and she gagged and had to leave the room she was in junior high. As time when on she could eventually watch and I kept trying to teach her how to cut up a fryer so that she could cook one for her husband but she kept insisting that her chief would do that for her so I gave up. As she became a woman she could cook very well and made all kinds of things but chicken was not on that list too often and if it was the chicken was always cut up. Then one day she did it she was so proud of herself and had to call me and brag about cutting up her first chicken. I was so proud when I asked her how she did it she said I just remember watching and listen to you on how to cut it up. I thought to myself that it was pretty impressive she remembered. In later years when I asked why she had such an aversion to cutting up chicken she said it was to close to skin and it grossed her out. LOL, well I can understand that I felt the same way when my mother taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...