Jan 31, 2012

Steve Madden Shoes

Mandy loved animal print and specifically Leopard print. One day in 2009 she and I were out shopping and we came across these shoes.
Mandy let out an exclamation and hugged these shoes to her chest. I could see the instant connection between her and the shoes and I knew in that moment that she was going home with them no matter what I had to do to get them for her.
There was no price tag on them and I said lets go find out how much they are and she turned to me with her big saucer eyes and said okay.
The price was very affordable and I told her that we were getting them. Then came the response "mamma, I cannot wear these because of my seizures" and then she put them down but I could tell that she did not want to let them go so I put them in our cart, gave her a hug and said lets go.

Mandy was not walking on the ground she was floating. If you knew Mandy you would agree, she was so expressive that you could feel her happiness in anything that she was happy for.
I guess my favorite expression that she did was the happy clapping, while jumping up and down with the biggest grin on her face that it could have cracked.
Mandy took the shoes home and wore them only in the house but she loved them very much and it gave her great joy in a time that her world was in such pain. As the saying goes "A pair of Madden shoes $39.95, A daughters happiness....Priceless"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...